Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beach Day

I've decided to share some personal photos of a day I spent with my family at the beginning of this month. What fun! It was a two day trip to the Warren dunes in Michigan, where we spent the days at the beach, and the night in a tent on the camping grounds. Thankfully, it only drizzled once, and the second day we were there was absolutely gorgeous. I, of course, couldn't help but capture some of my favorite moments with a camera (I say "a" camera because it was my mom's; I didn't want to risk any accidents and I knew Mom's was gonna be good enough to get by with). 
The wind was strong, the waves were gorgeous, the sky was brilliant, and the overall atmosphere of the beach scene was just wonderful. I am definitely a summer girl. My idea of a good time includes laying on beach towel getting lots of sun and listening to Jack Johnson. :) It was great.


So here are some pics of my siblings, myself, and the wonderful world of sand-meets-water-meets-sky. I'll start by showing you the shot i've always wanted to get: the classic ol' heart-in-the-sand.




















He loved splashing in the waves, and was so happy about these photos.


I found a little friend to play with. :)

I was, however, missing my best friend, who was on a long trip to Israel and London. One more week and we will reunite finally, after 6 long months!

My sister took these two of me. I was a happy gal! Beauty everywhere, and an amazing family to share it with.

I LOVED this sunset. What a perfect way to end the day.

Now finally, I'll end this post with some humor. The Warren dunes are probably most famous for this one particular dune which is quite large. It takes about 15-20 minutes to climb it, if you're doing okay with your breathing and energy. Sometimes the combination of heat and exhaustion makes it a pretty painful trip, though. As you can see in the photo below, the top of it pretty much a straight vertical climb! But back to my point.... I'm sure you've noticed by now the huge logs that some silly people had some fun with that day. I LOL'd! And made my dad stop the car so I could get a photo as we were driving past. 
Hope it makes you smile. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback!
Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. :)