Sunday, December 19, 2010

UPDATE: Year End 2010

Well well, the year is coming to a close. Just a couple more weeks until we enter the world of 2011, so I figured its time for a quick update on where I've been and what's new in my photography world. First of all, last month I had the excitement of getting a little white package in the mail from WHCC. Thats White House Custom Color, the site I just started using for a couple print jobs. They do a fabulous job with their prints and have a wide range of sizes, styles, and textures to choose from. I finally found some time to design business cards last month, and have them now! Yay.



It was a tough decision choosing the photos for the back of the card, but I finally settled with some of my favorite ones. As a bonus, I added the one of my little brother because he was begging to be on the card. ;) I caved in, naturally, when he flashed those big brown eyes at me haha. Anyway, I love it!


And now for my most exciting news - my acceptance into Harrington College of Design! I requested information one night about two weeks ago, and within a couple days I had an interview set up. My counselor, Dax, was awesome and said the school would be very excited to have me. (Now I realize they're looking for the income, too, but I was really encouraged by his response to my portfolio.)


Harrington is located downtown Chicago in the Loop, and is apparently on the top list of the best photography schools in the nation. I would graduate possibly in 2013 with a Bachelors degree in Commercial Photography. This is very exciting for me! Now all I have to do is search for financial aid and then sit down with my advisor to see how it would all work. If all goes well, I might start classes in March. WOW, God is good. I didn't expect this, but I believe its an answer to my prayer and seems to be a clear lead on what I should do. Please keep me in your prayers, though, for the next couple weeks, as I try to sort through the details and see if this is truly possible for me.


In closing, I want to thank all of you who have been so supportive and such an encouragement to me. You guys keep me going and give me confidence in myself and in my work. I'm blessed to have such a faithful crowd of friends, family, and fans.
A very Merry Christmas to you! Remember the Reason for the season.
Love,
Charity


1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late on responding here but congrats on Harrington!

    Also, your cards look fantastic. Great job on the design. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback!
Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. :)